The UK & Ireland Database
Home Hunters Contact Us Track Someone Videos COMMUNITY

Submit A Case

image of Colin Wilkes


Colin Wilkes


Former Hereford Cathedral School teacher admits sex charge

We spend many hours of our personal time updating and improving this website to make it a valuable tool that will always be free and accessible to the public. All we ask for in return is a small contribution, we will also send you some goodies in the mail as a thank you

Support Us

A former teacher at a Hereford school has admitted sexual activity with a child by someone in a position of trust.
Colin Wilkes, a former teacher at Hereford Cathedral School, appeared at Worcester Crown Court today (Thursday) where he admitted a string of sexual offences against a single victim.
The 57-year-old former art teacher of Wyevale Way, Stretton Sugwas, Hereford, admitted five counts of sexual activity with a child by a person in a position of trust.
Some of the counts on the indictment contained ‘multiple incident counts’ which means that, though there is a single charge, it reflects activity that took place on more than one occasion.
The first count involved kissing the young woman when the girl was under the age of 18 (17 years old).
The second count was a ‘like offence’ also involving sexual activity, touching her intimately ‘on at least three occasions’. The third count also involved sexual on at least three occasions.
The fourth count involved a sex act being performed upon him on at least three occasions. The fifth count involved full sex on at least three occasions.
All the offences happened more than 10 years ago.
Wilkes will be sentenced at Worcester Crown Court on Friday, September 4.
He was granted bail on condition he has no contact, either directly or indirectly, with the complainant and remains at his home address, which was read out in court.
Because he now stands convicted he must also register as a sex offender and is subject to notification requirements. He must inform police of his name, address and date of birth within three days.
Judge Martin Jackson adjourned the case for a pre-sentence report to be prepared by the probation service but said his decision to adjourn ‘isn’t a promise of the sort of sentence you’re likely to receive at the end of this case’.
He warned Wilkes: “You need to be prepared to receive a sentence of immediate imprisonment.”